German Apple Pancake
I love, love, love this recipe. I could eat this everyday. EVERY DAY! We recently went on a road trip to Vancouver…road trips aren’t always paleo-friendly… But we did the best we could. We cooked up some bacon, packed veggies and fruit, threw some Paleokits in there too. Plus took these bad boys with us. I ate it cold, which wasn’t awful, but I prefer them warm. I may have just drooled a bit, thinking eating a warm German Apple Pancake…
1 c. almond milk
3 T. coconut oil, melted
2 t. vanilla
2 t. pure maple syrup
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/8 t. nutmeg
2-3 apples, cored and diced – I used Granny Smith
2 T. coconut oil
2 T. honey (raw and organic)
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until combined. I had to whisk it a bit to get the lumps out. Set aside while you prepare the apple goodness.
- To prepare the apples, melt the second amount of coconut oil and honey.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg and juice of 1/2 Lemon and cook for about a minute.
- Add in your apples and sauté until all your apples are nicely coated. I like to cook my apples down until they are a bit soft. Don’t go too far or you’ll end up with applesauce.
- Grease your ramekins with coconut oil.
- Evenly divide your apple mixture between the ramekins. Then evenly divide your egg mixture on top of the apples between the ramekins. Don’t fill right to the top! Give them a little bit of room to grow.
- Place your Ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 425, then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check them to make sure the middle is done with the trusty toothpick method. Or if you have a fancy dancey cake tester, you can use that.
- Enjoy! Try not eating them all in one sitting….