Almond Butter Chocolate Ganache Cookie Sandwich
I admit it, I can’t give up all my sweets. I’m sure you hard-core paleo followers scoff. But I figure, everyone needs to figure out what works for them. “Paleo treats” keep me from jumping off the deep end into a sea of velvety chocolatey goodness. If the idea of almond butter, dark chocolate and coconut makes you cringe, STOP READING! But, if you are drooling, keep going!
My last post had me doing muscle ups and handstand push ups by February…not yet…getting there but I still need to get stronger. But I did give butterfly pull ups a go…not bad but I am scared of bashing my face on the bar. Speaking of being scared, I’ve decided that I have to stop being scared. That’s what is holding me back from muscle ups, handstand push ups…etc…so I am working on not being afraid of failing.
Enough deep stuff, let’s talk chocolate!
1 c. almond butter
1/3 c. honey
1 T. vanilla extract
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1/2 t. salt
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut (if you don’t like coconut, you can omit or replace with nuts)
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. plus 2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 c. honey
1 – 2 T. full fat coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Mix almond butter, honey, egg, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Add coconut. Mix well
5. Scoop with a small cookie scoop onto baking sheets. Bake 8 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. While the cookies are baking prepare your ganache.
7. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, cocoa and honey using a whisk or hand mixer. Be sure to mix until there are no clumps left.
8. Slowly add the coconut milk and continue to beat until the ganache looks smooth, glossy and delicious. Note: if you find your ganache to be a bit runny, put it in the fridge before assembling your cookies. Don’t let it harden though.
9. Once your cookies have cooled a bit you are ready to assemble!
10. Put your ganache in a ziploc baggie with the corner cut off to pipe the ganache between 2 cooled cookies. If you have a fancy dancy piping bag, then just use that.
11. Pipe a delicious amount of ganache on one cookie, top with another cookie.