Air Fryer Crispy Fish Tacos
By the time Summer rolls around, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven, which is why the air fryer can be super handy. I’ll be honest, I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets. A COMPLETE SUCKER. If you want to read about my overall thoughts on the air fryer, I did a blog post on it that you can read. The air fryer can be a great option to make things crispy without adding a lot of extra fats. Plus, no oven heating the house up. WIN!
Crispy Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer
- 500 g Halibut (or other firm white fish) Look for uniform sized filets
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Spray Oil Not Pam!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Juice from half a Lime
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1/2 small purple cabbage (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced) remove seeds
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 medium red onion (diced)
- 1/4 jalapeno (diced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Slice the fish into 1-2 inch sections across the filet.
- Add the cornmeal, flour and spices into a ziploc bag and toss to mix. If you like things more spicy, feel free to adapt the amount of spices.
- Add sectioned fish to bag and toss to coat.
- Remove the fish from the bag, shaking to remove the excess coating. Place on flat surface.
- Spray to coat each side of the fish. This is what will help it crisp in the air fryer.
- Prepare the basket of the air fryer by spraying the basked with your oil. Place a layer of the prepared fish in the basket, being sure not to crowd the basket.
- Cook for 4-6 min at 400. Flip and cook for an additional 4-6 min at 400. If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook them in the oven.
- Add all the taco sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix it up. I do this while the fish is cooking.
- Seriously, that's it. You could get fancy if you want and put it in a squeeze bottle…but I prefer to spoon that sh*t on top of the tacos.
Put it all together
- Warm a tortila up. Put on what fixings you like, leave what you don't.
- Eat up!